Jan 23, 2011

The $35 Sakshat tablet cancelled?


According to a report in the Economic Times of India, the tender for the $35 tablet was cancelled, which was scheduled to be launched by January 15, 2011. In the month of August last year, Mr.Kapil Sibal mentioned that the tablet wouldhave 2GB RAM, WiFI and 3G, microSD storage, and will run the Android OS.  The Government of India had selected HCL Infosystems for this project which was named as the "Sakshat Tablet". Recently, a mail being circulated inside the Ministry of HRD seen by ET says that 'the vendor shortlisted for the delivery of these devices has started listing some additional, unacceptable, conditions.' HCL was dropped as the vendor for the tablets after it disagreed to pay a sum of Rs.60 crores as a bank guarantee. The government says it's looking for a vendor to replace HCL or maybe they just realized it isn't realistic.


Liked this? Share it:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...